CCTV Drain Surveys
What’s involved in a CCTV Drain Survey
In order to maintain and prolong the condition of your drains it helps to know exactly what’s going on in your pipes. The best way to do that is through a CCTV drain survey. we’ll run through what a CCTV drain survey is when and why you might need one and what happens during the survey itself.
Why and when would I need a survey?
CCTV surveys are an indispensable tool in a number of situations. For example a pre purchase drain survey can be arranged before you purchase a new home. The survey will generate a precise review of the current condition of the property’s drainage system and will provide an overview of any necessary repairs in the future. The survey provides buyers the opportunity to make a fully-informed decision before they sign any contracts.
Homeowners or tenants may also need a CCTV survey when they face one-off or ongoing drainage issues. A survey can find the root cause of a problem so they’re essential if you’re experiencing drain troubles but have no idea why.
Here’s how a CCTV drain survey is typically carried out:
- Call up your drainage contractor to arrange a survey
- Your drainage engineer will arrive at the allotted time and will discuss your drainage issue with you before setting up the necessary survey equipment
- The engineer will gain access to your drains and will insert the CCTV camera using the most suitable equipment for your drain system
- The camera will provide a real time view of your drains. This is fed back to the engineer who can observe the condition of your drains. Any damage or blockage will be identified during this stage.
- The engineer will report the findings of the survey back to you – along with their recommendations if repair works or cleaning is required. Depending on the findings you might wish to arrange for the issue to be resolved immediately. Or you may choose to arrange a follow up at a later date.
What will a survey find?
Now you know what a survey is what’s involved and what the process is it’s time to answer the final question: what does it cover? The short answer is just about any drainage issue you could possibly have.
Drain surveys are designed to deliver an extensive thorough review of your drainage system. They can help to identify major and minor issues alike. From structural damage to fat bergs whatever the problem with your drains a CCTV survey should be able to identify and locate it. A CCTV drain survey can help to identify:
- Collapsed drains
- Tree root ingress
- Causes and extent of leaks/bursts in pipes
- Corrosion and wear and tear
- Animal intrusion
- Evidence of displacement or poor installation
A drain survey has many advantages but perhaps the most important is that it allows you to respond to existing issues and plan ahead to prevent future ones. In the long term this helps to save you money and frustration.
We provide a CCTV drain surveys to help customers maintain the condition of their drains and solve any issues they may be having. Our trained engineers can carry out surveys on a planned or emergency basis if necessary ensuring a friendly and professional service tailored around your needs. To arrange a CCTV drain survey for your property contact us today.
How a CCTV Drain Survey Can Help
Our engineers use the latest in specially designed cameras to survey drains via the manholes on the premises. Hopefully you will find that your drains are in full working order.
Alternatively you may find a collapsed drain or tree roots. We have comprehensive drain repair techniques to enable a return to full functionality.
Our specially designed cameras are equipped with the latest technology to enable all the data from a cctv survey to be transferred onto a USB pen that can then be given to the customer on completion of the cctv survey making the process faster.